I know sometimes It can be very depressing when our companion for this matter a dog is excessively barking this, can even be worse when we try all we can to calm them down without succeeding. On this particular article, I give the best ways to stop dog barking by establishing the reasons why our dogs’ bark and at the same time share with you some of the routes we can take to learn on how we can deal with this enormous problem of the dog barking.
I know almost everyone including myself has ever experienced an excessive dog barking either at our homes when visiting a friend or even when passing through a neighbor’s home, it is always scaring when this happens. I have seen kids cry, grownups running away when they hear the barking sound, and it’s because of this that I decided to research on how to stop a dog from barking (excessive), and general information to help you learn how to live with your dog.
Understanding what causes Dog Barking
Guarding their space
Dogs like anyone of us like to guard our spaces, with the best strength possible! dogs use barking as a way to protect their space. Dogs bark for so many reasons including, chasing away anyone or anything they passive as enemies, to receive the necessary attention they deserve and let the Owner know they are irritated or even hungry.At this point, Dog-Human communication is highly required to tell what the barking is all about.
Why do Dogs Bark?
- Happy or excited: When a Dog receives warmth and best care including having a car ride, eating moments, grooming they bark but with a good bark that is well controlled and well-paced.
- Marking the space: this is when anyone or an invader tries to occupy the space that the dog feels is his or her territory
- Irritated/annoyed: when the dog feels irritated the barking can be scaring because he or she is trying to send the message that something is not right including,e.g when the tail is stuck or can’t open the door
- Loneliness: Dogs also become lonely when they don’t see the people they are used to seeing every time, can bring a very annoying barking that will disturb everyone including your great neighbors
- Lack of attention: Dogs also like human being needs attention and when not given they tend to make the barking noise
- Alerting the owner: this is when a Dog sees new person, hear a very loud noise or fire will bark to alert anyone available
- Scared: this is when the dog bark to scare away the intruder the fear within the dog at that moment can cause the barking to be aggressive.
- Response barking: this is when the dog barking is caused by hearing another Dog bark it may be excessive
Check our: Top Dog Training Secrets, Owners Must have!
Best ways to stop dog barking includes:
- Since dogs, hate noise make sure that the dog stays in the noiseless part of the house clean and comfortable place
- Always avoid yelling at your dog because this will only make things worse, learn to use soft words like quite or hush without shouting to the dog.
- Dog training is very important at this point because training can help carb unnecessary dog barking
- You can bar the field of vision of the dog for anything that makes him distracted or initiating his bark especially,When he can see the passerby or other dogs, this can be done by blocking the window if that is what is making him or her wants to see outside
- Let the dog exercise more, walk the dog play with the dog because a tired dog will not have enough energy to bark around but you will be looking forward to a calm and collected dog
- Don’t leave your lovely for too long without attending to him this will induce loneliness and the barking will surely come along with boredom
- When the dog is barking for attention when possible don’t give the attention immediately because doing so will be encouraging such behavior and it might be too hard trying to change back
- Learn to reward your dog when he or she behaves, Its to your advantage because it will be so easy for dog barking puppy change the bad behaviour for the sake of the reward!
- Medical Dog conditions like canine senility can trigger dog barking, though mostly found with older pets setting an appoitment with a veterinarian will be a good idea.
Bottom line the most important part is to understand your dog barking I.e. canine communication and learn the best ways to stop dog barking and start training your dog how to bark less.This might take time but once the dog finally learns how, you will have the best relationship with little or no unnecessary dog barking.
For secrets to Dog training and stoping your dog’s behavior problems You can check this popular product that has helped thousands to successfully halt their dog’s behavioural problems—and now it can help you, too!Click here
Showing Dog some Love and affection
- Just like any other pet dogs need some love and this can be the best anti-dog bark solutions out there
- Always hug your dog they feel good
- Talk to your dog and when you teach or train him, do it with a lot of love they have feelings too!
- Spare time to play with your dog a lot of playing will keep him engaged and tired making him the coolest dog in town
- Buy your dog a lot of toys when you are not around dog love playing around and they will keep them busy before you return
- Allow the dog to lean and sleep with you it gives them enough warmth feeling of love and they love in return
- Grooming spare your time for a great treat of grooming including vacuuming them they love the bliss
- Train your dog, never get tired of training your dog! eventually, you will be able to deal with the unnecessary dog barking
As I conclude a well taken care off dog, will reciprocate . Show your dog a lot of affection & love and he or she will do the same to you. Treat your dog regularly, give him a long walk and always teach or train him or her new things. This way you will have a great Dog-human communication and your relationship will thrive.Finally, always try to master your dog barking habits and and ask yourself these questions what triggers what barking? when? and how is it’s triggered? this way you will be able to distinguish his barking system and dealing with it will be easier.
Thank you for visiting our site